Tuesday 26 February 2013

Moles

We have had moles on and off in our front garden ever since we have moved here but by putting down more repellent every time we saw a mole hill we seem to have contained them.
Last week for the first time I saw a mole hill in our back field close to where we have our vegetable plot, but as it was only one I didn't bother about it. Big mistake! Yesterday I went out and counted over 20 of them. How is it possible that a mole can just pop up into the middle of what is a field and create havoc in such a short time?


Apparently a single mole can burrow up to a 150 feet in a day and have a gestation period of only one Month! What chance have I got?


I think when I get my plough and rotavator in action in about a Month's time that may deter them other than that If I could catch enough of them I could offer them to Tesco's, they seem to buy any meat!






1 comment:

  1. Why don't you just leave them for a month or so and let them do the rotavating for you....?you should end up with a nice fine soil cover~ well ventilated ~ and that just needs raking level before you sow next years crops..much less effort !!!! {:0)

    ReplyDelete