Friday 16 March 2012

Busy Times but lazy BBQs to come

Well after our 25,000 mile trip round the world I thought it was time to start a job at home that I've had in mind for a while. At the rear of our house is a sort of patio area.
As you can see in the photo it is just plain concrete and not very attractive and it doesn't inspire you much to make use of it even though it gets all the sunshine in the afternoon and evening and an ideal place to sit outside.

I decided that I would make a larger decked area, but rather than just a boring rectangle I would be a bit adventurous and extend it with an octagonal seating area.

These two photos show the octagonal end set out and the decking started and were taken 7 days ago.

This one shows the seat construction started and more of the decking completed







Just two weeks to the day after starting it here is the completed area.
I am really pleased with the end result which came about all the quicker with the help of my son, Peter, who came over on Monday and helped for two and a half days.

If you look closely you can see I've also put in low level LED lighting under all the seats plus installed hidden speakers for a sound system under the seating.

In all I used about 250 metres of timber 400 metres of decking boards and well over 2000 screws.

Time now over the coming Months for long evenings by the Chimenea  and many BBQS.

Happy Days!

3 comments:

  1. That's so amazing and beautifully done! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I am enjoying your new blog, just watched you plough for the first time. It will be awesome seeing your garden progress through the seasons.

    ReplyDelete